Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Installing SP1..


I decided to install SP1 today after a frustrating couple days dealing with Vista issues I'm told are resolved in the latest Service Pack.. The most frustrating of all being how slow "File Copy" operations are in Vista.. I was copying files both on my own computer hard drive and across the network - both ridiculously slow in Vista.

Later in the day I gave a demo presentation and ran into a few issues with Vista's "smart" projector output sensing.. which I read was worked on in SP1.


SP1 should be out on Windows Update later this month.. I was going to hold off and go that route.. but since I have it available I figured why not.. ideally SP1 will solve the problems I've been dealing with.. worst case scenario I'll install ubuntu until Vienna comes out.

No comments: